Saturday, January 10, 2009

Here

Wow so I'm finally here! The plane rides were tough though. The service was great, but boy was I packed in! My butt still hurts from sitting for that long. When we finally arrived at Uganda at 9:30 Friday night I couldn't find my bag... of course! So me and two other girls waiting in line to get it all figured out. As I was waiting the airport people asked the girls (who were ahead of me) to give a phone number to call when the bags arrived. Luckily my great mom gave me a card with Mark Bartels number (he's the director here). So when I went up I had to go over to get the card back from my new friends, and another girl told me she brought over my bag while I waited. I told her I already had my bags, then I looked and saw my 'missing' bag! I apologized to the airport service woman but I was really happy to have found my bag. Now today has just been orientation. I'm getting acquainted with the whole college and everyone here. It's soooo beautiful (I'm going to put pictures up on facebook). We went on a hike up 'Monkey Hill' and saw Lake Victoria, the city of Mukono, and several red tailed monkeys. The food, the people and the experience is great! Keep up the prayers for me, my family and friends! Thanks.

1 comment:

  1. Good to hear you're doing well bud, hope it continues
    Love,
    Tom

    ReplyDelete