Thursday, January 22, 2009

Content

Lately I've been very content about a lot of things. Pretty much everything! It's because everything has been falling into place just the way I'd like it to (or close to it).
I live now with Mami Joyce, a local lady who takes care of Rob Osbourne and I. The food is AMAZING. We are only there from 7pm-7amish. Then go for classes and return. She takes care of us so well. It's like having my actual mother (Don't worry mom you're still better).
Everything with Julie has been going well. We had our 1 year anniversary in different countries which kinda sucks but so far even though we've physically moved farther, we've grown closer. I've learned how much I appreciate her, and I try to tell her as often as possible!
My friends here are pretty awesome. They're nothing like the people back in Coatesville, or at Messiah, but they're the best substitute I could ask for. There's an intern - Phil and he's sooo cool. He's so awkward when he has to make announcements but he's just that guy who everyone loves and no one could humanly hate. And another guy down the hall - Dave, hes really smart and has pretty similar dreams and aspirations as me. We've had some good talks. And Rob we've gotten much closer b/c of our homestay. He's soooo interesting because he's just sooo off the wall, against the grain, and he has a reason for being different too. All the people here are genuinely nice and caring.
Classes... well classes will be classes but I've tried to take a note from best guy friend Mike last semester and try to get a 4.0. I'm still trying to learn as much as possible (learning is more important than grades), but I think the two can work hand in hand. I just got mostly done a paper do for the 30th so I feel pretty accomplished.
Yeah so everything has been great. The temp is about 70 and there's a cool breeze. Can't get much better (unless my family was here :) ).

No comments:

Post a Comment